Friday, February 13, 2009

fresh citrus...one of life's greatest joys

squeezing the oranges....one of Aidan's most favorite things to do. The oster... this juicer is a champ. We were given this juicer 14 years ago by my mother-in-law. It has gotten much use during the years it's been ours. I have no idea how many years it was Irene's, but judging from the color I'm guessing it's been around for quite some time.


SWEET, BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY FRUIT! Our neighbor, Nick, has been so kind to share his bountiful crop of oranges with us this winter.

This is the way Aidan eats an orange...doesn't even bother to peel the thing...just bites right into it and devours it. If he's at home in the kitchen he usually breaks it open with a butter knife before biting into it...still, he doesn't believe in peeling. I think he just gets so excited about eating it that he doesn't have the patience to take the time to peel it.


Picking...




3 comments:

Jessica said...

I am jealous of your juicer and fresh fruit. It is so cold here today.

Brooke said...

How awesome. I want an orange right now!

Studio Location said...

Wow I am starting to really love Aiden! I knew Cole and Sadie so much better when you were here but from the home made gifts to the biting the orange peel and all I am learning to love that little boy from reading your blog!