Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to our horsey loving puppy, Sadie!

Sadie wanted a birthday party with ALL of her friends... 14 kids from preschool, 12 from primary, plus more and she started verbally inviting them before we had anything planned. I have always done birthday parties for my kids because they enjoy them so much and because birthdays only come once a year. But this year, being in the pregnant state I am, I just didn't feel I had the energy or a strong enough stomach to get excited about entertaining that many kids at once. Sadie also wanted to go on a horseride....so I decided to give her a choice...birthday party or horseback ride....then I held my breath. I was very grateful and let out a sigh of relief when she decided to go on a horseback ride rather than having a big blowout birthday party.

I REALLY enjoyed Sadie's birthday and I took LOTS of pictures. I've posted just a few (I know there's a lot) of the MANY. I can't believe my baby is 5...it makes me very grateful that I'm having another.

We took some cupcakes and goodie bags to celebrate with Sadie's pre-school friends.



Aidan always gets creative and makes his own birthday presents. Last year he made Sadie a dress that fit her perfectly out of paper and masking tape as well as slippers made out of cardboard and tape and adorned with feathers. This year he used recycled soup cans, paper, hot glue, popsicle sticks, and markers to make a handy "holder." He also got her a dog bowl with his saved up school money. We never know anything about these hand-made gifts and saved up surprises until he pulls them out, usually from under his bed, on the special day. What a thoughtful brother!
Sadie with her new dog bowl.
Sadie is probably one of the few doggies that needs ice in her water bowl.

Enjoying the birthday cake.


Sadie and Hernando. Sadie loved Hernando so much she kept asking if she could bring him home.




We also took Sadie to the rodeo...probably the least exciting rodeo I've ever been too, but we got to sit in some nice reclining lounge chairs and had a fabulous view of...yes, the ocean. Not a bad way to end a birthday...especially for our animal loving little girl. We drove by this beautiful field of flowers on our way to the rodeo and couldn't resist getting a photo.


















4 comments:

Jessica said...

Sadie is so cute. How lucky she gets a baby to play with.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Sadie... I can't believe she is FIVE!! She is so adorable just like your boys.... such sweet kids Rachel! I love Aiden's creativity and tender loving heart, what a thoughtful little boy! We sure miss you all lots!! sorry to hear that your feeling rotten still, I hope you get over the hump soon! :)

Becca and Kent said...

Oh she looks like she is having the time of her life on top of that horse!

Aiden's gifts are so thoughtful! What a sweetheart!

I hope you start to feel better soon!

Brooke said...

Can she really be five? Oh, she is so darn cute. Love that little girl. I mean puppy.