Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Thanks for coming, Dirk and Laura!

When Sadie figured out that Dirk and Laura were really gone, while holding all ten fingers up, she said, "But they said they were staying this many days," with a sad frown on her face.

I know how she felt. Even though they had nine days on Kauai, it really seemed so much shorter. Family visits always go by too quickly.
I read this quote today and immediately thought of my sister.

"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way."

Laura has an incredible husband and four beautiful children, (her oldest son passed away in September). Laura has been through a lot...you could say she has had her share of trials. Despite her challenges, she contines to be possibly the most happy and positive person I know.
Thinking of you, Laura, and wishing you were still here with us!

3 comments:

Jeff and Rose said...

I don't know if you can get Nutella for a reasonable price, but warmed up and drizzled over fruit...oh, it is so good. Jack and Lachlan love it--even with a little dab of ice cream and fruit it is the ultimate dessert.

I have your Bjorn--I'm sorry that I didn't send it with Laura. I will try to get it in the mail soon. We are having our first bit of spring weather. It feels nothing short of a miracle.

laura said...

Hey sis, I love you so much. You are so good to me. We had such a great time and it went far too quickly! I still close my eyes and see all of you in your happy home and wish I could be with you. You are such a great mom and I love being with all of you. I have felt much better since our trip. It was very good for me. I feel more stable emotionally and am not crying so much. Conference was great today, but being out in the cul-de-sac with the kids has been even better. We're hoping the snow will stay away. We missed you today - as always when we get together. We hope your vacation on the Big Island was fabulous and are anxious to hear of your adventures

Shauna Karren said...

I agree 100% with what you said about Laura and Dirk. We're lucky to have them in the family (and I feel the same about you)!