Rachel and the kids went on the tour, highly recommended by Uncle Mike, to see the Hindu Temple being built in Wailua for the last 40 plus years. The grounds, which include hundreds of acres of beautiful tropical plants, along the Wailua River were well worth seeing and the intricately hand carved white granite temple was amazing! We went on tour with a family visiting from Utah as well as the new apostle, Elder Christofferson, and his wife who were visiting Kauai for a few days. We were also surprised to see the Stennett Family, another LDS family from Lihue while on the tour. And we took a group photo when the tour concluded. The kids were pretty impressed with what they saw and even got to try cutting stone themselves at the end of the tour. As we watched some of the workers, I was amazed at how much work is being put into this temple and it gave me a deeper appreciation for the temple in Salt Lake, which I think, is made out of the same kind of stone. The kids had a lot of questions following the tour, like "Why do they think that elephant statue is a God?" So we had a lot to discuss and clarify. It was a great learning experience for all. Thanks Uncle Mike!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Hindu Temple
Rachel and the kids went on the tour, highly recommended by Uncle Mike, to see the Hindu Temple being built in Wailua for the last 40 plus years. The grounds, which include hundreds of acres of beautiful tropical plants, along the Wailua River were well worth seeing and the intricately hand carved white granite temple was amazing! We went on tour with a family visiting from Utah as well as the new apostle, Elder Christofferson, and his wife who were visiting Kauai for a few days. We were also surprised to see the Stennett Family, another LDS family from Lihue while on the tour. And we took a group photo when the tour concluded. The kids were pretty impressed with what they saw and even got to try cutting stone themselves at the end of the tour. As we watched some of the workers, I was amazed at how much work is being put into this temple and it gave me a deeper appreciation for the temple in Salt Lake, which I think, is made out of the same kind of stone. The kids had a lot of questions following the tour, like "Why do they think that elephant statue is a God?" So we had a lot to discuss and clarify. It was a great learning experience for all. Thanks Uncle Mike!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun! We did that tour when we were there last. But how neat to have Elder Christopherson there!
I love your blog! Thanks for sending me the address!
I feel dumb about misspelling Elder Christopherson's name. I was going to look it up before I posted, but forgot to. I am not sure if I can change it now after it's posted. I think I can edit a post, but won't it mess up the order of the posts? Can anyone tell me? I am knew to this blogging stuff.
Nevermind, I figured out how to edit my published posts and it didn't even mess up the order. I was able to change the spelling of Elder Christopherson's name AND change Uncle Phil's name To Uncle Floyd. I guess it's true...I haven't been getting enough sleep.
Post a Comment