Friday, January 23, 2009

Aidan's camping wish come true

For Aidan's birthday we had a fabulous family camp out at Hanalei Bay where we camped on the river AND the ocean. We had good times and gorgeous weather. Every time we go to the North Shore I am amazed by the beauty I see there. I love the south shore too, but to me, the north shore is magic.

ONE HAPPY CAMPER filling air beds

Jason made dinner each night...what a treat!
It was cheerios and milk for breakfast...we kept it simple

Sadie found a friend....

then her brother put him to sleep...if you rub their bellies they go to sleep

Fun on the river
Yes, they DO like each other...they even share a towel
Yes, after a full day and night of camping, swimming in the ocean and river, no flush toilets, and a quick hose down we got dressed up...a little...and went to church at our favorite branch. We love Hanalei!
The boys admiring the Bird of Paradise

THE BOYSSadiegirl and Daddy

Sillyness
admiring beauty

Mo, who was injured in a car accident several years ago, paints with his mouth. We liked his paintings and even bought a couple....copies of course.
Sadie STILL thinks she's our puppy...this phase might never end
Cole enjoying the surf
Sadie enjoyed her bike and riding back and forth on the Hanalei Pier
It's not as easy as it used to be....but I can STILL hold Aidan
We had a great game of early morning kickball at the beach park
I can't believe Jason can actually kick his leg this high

Aidan riding the waves
I don't know why this picture is sideways.
Cole catching a wave
My three beautifuls on a beautiful day!
(Sadie is still the begging puppy dog)




























4 comments:

Jessica said...

Those pics are beautiful! I hope someday we can visit you.

Emily said...

it's foggy and cold here... wish we were there is paradise!! I can't imagine living there... you are so lucky!! We miss you here, but what a neat experience and wonderful way of life!!

Brooke said...

Okay. I'm jealous. VERY jealous!! Glad you guys are having such an amazing time!!!

Studio Location said...

Loved the gorgeous picture of Sadie with her friend. She cracks me up being a puppy since I've had Audrey be a horse for an eou ntire family vacation to Canada. Cole loved seeing you surf. Perhaps you can teach brother Bailey! I've at least been able to stand up before but he needs help!