Wednesday, March 18, 2009

life's simple joys

Aidan adores fruit....any fruit, fresh or frozen. He created this plate and surprised me with it when he brought it to me in bed. It consisted of frozen strawberries and bananas and fresh cut apples with chocolate sauce drizzled on top. It was delish...we all enjoyed eating it. Do you STILL lick the beaters? I know I shouldn't let my kids do this with the risk of getting salmonella poisoning...but it's just one of the pleasures in life that is hard to give up. And actually, I have NEVER heard of anyone getting salmonella poisoning from licking the beaters.

Now, that's what I call cooperation! ...Aidan scraping the bowl while Sadie mixes.

Aidan loves to make flower bouquets and fortunately there is no lack of beautiful flowers in these parts....this miniature bouquet he made for Sadie.

And this one, for me!

Aidan harvested a few mini carrots from his very own garden!

3 comments:

onnuh said...

Oh,how I wish for a son that loves fruit. (Spencer's good, but Brandon's still a lost cause.) You look like such a happy, healthy, tropical family!

Becca and Kent said...

What a sweet boy! Fruit is so yummy; I like it better than dessert sometimes (not always!). :D

Angie said...

Hey Rachel... I had a massage from Emily the other day, and she reminded me of your blog... cute, cute, cute. I'll be linking it to mine! Tomorrow Shane and I are going to Kona (he will be working on the temple) I'm looking forward to a few days of what you enjoy year round!