Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Eve






I've always liked Valentine's Day. When I was in elementary school we all dressed up on Valentine's Day (in our Sunday best) and went to the Valentine' s Tea in the Media Center. Valentine's Tea was red punch and sugar cookies and we were to use our very best manners. It's not that I liked the red punch...in fact I dislike red punch. I just liked that it was a special day. I always loved decorating my shoe box and turning it into a pretty red and pink mailbox. Edith Bowen (my children's school) doesn't have a Valentine's Tea, instead they have the Little Blue Luncheon to encourage good manners and this isn't held on Valentine's day. However, Aidan did ask for a shoe box to take to school last week. And I watched him add a long chute to his box for the kids to slide their Valentine's down. I was also happy when Cole, Aidan, and Sadie all came home from school last week with their Class Name List for the big "Valentine Exchange"...some traditions haven't changed. As I was reminiscing and telling my kids about my "Valentine's Tea" Cole mentioned that they were having a chocolate fountain at his Valentine's Day class party....sure puts the red punch and cookies to shame. I'm suppose to help with Sadie's class party tomorrow, but I may take a detour to Cole's class on the way....I LOVE CHOCOLATE! I guess that's another reason that I really like Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I really wish Liv's new school (& old school) did a Vday Tea. I think it sounds like a lot of fun. Liv would totally get into it.