Monday, April 11, 2011

Bear-claw Poppy- Spring Break

The first thing the boys wanted to do on our trip was bike the Bear-claw Poppy trail. They love this trail and I know why. After a relatively short climb and a run down a desert wash you get to some pretty scary drop-offs (which my boys love) and a hard-packed roller coaster BMX course. It's definitely a fun-filled ride and a little bit of an adrenaline rush at times. Jason let me go with the kids while he waited with Sam. It was a great ride. I was so impressed with Sadie...she got a little tired at first with the climb, but was willing to try some pretty scary downhill sections. At one point the I was making a movie of the boys going down a pretty scary section. Before I could say anything Sadie had started her way down...too late. She lost control and had a pretty bad tumble. I was worried that this would ruin the ride for her, but she wiped her tears, hopped back on her bike and continued on down the trail....a little more carefully though. Sadie is so great about going with her brothers....it can't be easy keeping up with them, but she sure does try.



After Bear-claw we were ready to try something new. Jason took us to the Dino-cliffs trail where he thought we could all ride. Taking Sam on these single track rides doesn't really work, but Jason planned to take Sam on his back in the backpack carrier. (I was a little skeptical, but if you know Jason, you know he always figures out a way). A couple feet onto the trail and Jason knew something was wrong...he thought it was the new tire he had put on, but after closer inspection realized his bike frame was broken! We have no idea how this happened, but it ended any hopes of Jason biking....total bummer! The boys and I ended up doing the Dino-cliffs which was fun, but the boys didn't like it nearly as much as the Bear-claw. Jason, Sadie, and Sam hiked up and met us on our way down.

No comments: