Sunday, November 23, 2008

Orca at Brennecke's

Jason called me early one morning a few weeks ago and said "you have to go to Brennecke's to see the whale." That was about all the information he gave me. I was on my way to take the kids to school. We drove straight past the school and down to the beach. I had no idea that we were about to see an Orca. It's not very common for Orcas to be swimming in Hawaiian waters so this was quite a sight and there was quite a crowd too. The whale was very sick and unfortunately, dying. It was a very sad for us to watch...we could even hear the whale crying in misery as it was pushed back and forth along the shoreline by the waves. Soon after I took the kids to school, the whale was put out of it's misery by the rescue team.


1 comment:

Becca and Kent said...

Oh, that's so sad! Orca's are so pretty-I bet it was neat to see it, anyway.