The boys finished school today. It makes me so sad to see another school year come to an end. It means my kids are getting older. But I tried very hard to be happy about it and just think about all the great experiences we had this school year and how much progress the kids made. We spent a fun afternoon swimming and boogie boarding at Waiohai Beach, one of our favorite spots. It was a great way to start the summer. This morning while Cole and Aidan were still at school, I spent some time on my blog. I went a little overboard actually, but I was enjoying myself. We have so much fun as a family. Tonight the boys are at a hip hop dance performance with their friends...so I'm at it again...blogging away.
Last night at family council we talked about our summer and we asked the kids what kind of summer adventures they wanted to have. It's fun to make plans...even if you can't carry all of them out. We also talked about some of the changes that will be taking place. Like our new baby that we are expecting in July. We talked about how the baby will need lots of love and attention. It will be a change...it's been a few years since we've had a baby around. But we are all very excited! I still feel there isn't anything more wonderful than having a new baby in your home.
It's such a special time and I know the kids will enjoy it.
We also talked about another change...our plans to move back to Logan. Yes, we are planning to move AGAIN! It's what we, the Murray Ohana do, we move. You would think that we just LOVE to move. Maybe we do. We actually made the decision a while ago, or did we decide? We've had our plane tickets for some time, as well as season passes to Beaver Mountain. We had to get the passes too since the boys talk about snowboarding so much. But, once again, I've had a hard time coming to grips with our decision. We all have mixed emotions. We are so very excited to spend more time with our family...we just don't want to leave Kauai and our ohana here. The only thing that makes this decision okay for us is that we feel we will be back sometime and I don't doubt this because we have now moved to Kauai three times, yes, THREE TIMES. We also still have a lot here with plans of maybe one day building? Who knows?
As I sit at the beach watching my children play in the ocean, as I look out my windows at the palm trees swaying in the breeze, as I smell the sweet flowers from our plumeria trees, as I take my morning walk along the ocean I ask myself, "How can we leave Kauai, again?"
I know there will be beauty and fun no matter where we go, but leaving Kauai will be difficult...it always is. We have made such wonderful friends here. We love our life here. So I've been avoiding the subject...but last night I decided we should start talking about it and making plans. It's time.
We leave Kauai on Aug. 18th and arrive in SLC on Aug. 19th. Sadie and Cole are enrolled at Edith Bowen Lab School for this coming school year. A spot hasn't opened for Aidan yet, but we are hoping one does before school starts. We are all looking forward to a fun-filled summer on Kauai. And we look forward to many more good times in Logan with our family. So here's to change and to moving! Then, again, we can still change our minds!
6 comments:
wahoooo! I'm so happy you are moving back to Logan. (Though, after reading all your blog posts, I can see why it is such a difficult decision.)
I also wonder who am I going to have now to live vicariously through in paradise!
Good luck with getting ready to move! I'm sure it's hard to leave such a beautiful place. But I'm happy that I'll be able to see your family and your little baby when we come home for Thanksgiving!
Yay! Your coming back!! I just told Evan and Eli and they are both so excited to hang out with Cole, Aidan and Sadie! We are very excited to have you back! I got a small sliver of what it must feel like for you when we moved back to Logan from Lehi... I have never loved a place or people so much- it was hard to leave, although not that far away and not as deep of ties that you've made... it is hard to change no matter what and I know how you've loved it there... your kids are so lucky to have all the adventures and fun lifestyle, So many memories and growth there! I'm sure Kauai will always be dear to all of you and that will draw you back there often if not for another move sometime? :) I am so excited for your baby to arrive... you are right...there is nothing better! It seems like when it rains it pours huh? Lots of changes headed your way and we are so happy for you! take care and good luck with all the adventures ahead!! See you soon!
Oh, Rachel! You have so many big things coming up in your lives! I have always admired your flexibility and willingness to try new things. You are amazing. I'm selfishly glad you are coming back, but at the very same time my heart is breaking for you to leave all that you love there in paradise. I can easily see you going back someday, or even having 2 residences. A summer home (or winter?) home on the island?? Sounds sweet!
But oooooh, I get excited about seeing you here. Our boys all have passes to the Beav next year too. I'm sure we'll see you up there. Also, where are you living? You should move in next door to us, and I'm not kidding. Also, I have tried for 3 years to get Bennett into Edith Bowen, and of course he never has. So what's the secret?! I'm so irritated! But we've been really happy at Adams too.
I can't wait to meet your new baby. You look so beautiful in all these photos, you skinny woman with a little baby bump. I'm so jealous.
Love you so much, Rachel!!! xoxoxo
Yes, yes, YES! I saw Sadie's name on Olivia's class list & wondered what the deal was. Is she still going to be in Liv's class, morning Kindergarten? I am so sad for you that you have to leave the beloved ocean but we are happy to have you come back here. Logan is 2nd best right? Our springs smell good too, we just don't have the ocean. We'll have new babies together too.
Rachel- I wish I was in hawaii with you right now so, I could throw you a baby shower. I would love to see you pregnant. I can't wait for you to have a new baby. I have to admit;) it is hard going back to a new baby again after you haven't had one for awhile... Like all those sleepless nights, diapers again and hauling a car seat and diaper bag around.. It is all worth it though... I wouldn't change it for the world.
I was so happy to see your comment on my blog. I hope we can see you sometime. We are going to see the Summerhays next week, they will be in St. George.. The kids are so excited!!
I am sad for you to be leaving hawaii and moving back home or is hawaii home? I can imagine what you are going through. You will be back; it is in your blood.. I am excited for you and your family. What a fun time in all of your lives.. I love and miss you. You take of yourself and good luck with the delivery. We will be waiting for the photos of new baby Murray... Good Luck and Aloha!!!
Love-Deborah
Post a Comment