Cole and Aidan both performed in their school talent show last week. We got pictures of them, but the stage pictures didn't turn out. Cole sang and played "Hound Dog" with his ukulele club. The picture shows them getting tuned up and ready outside just before the performance. Aidan also sang and did actions to "Captain Josiah Track Your Train." He learned the song in music class and performed with one other boy and three girls. It was very cute. I can't believe my boys like to perform, especially considering how frightening it is for both Jason and me. I hope they continue to have such confidence.
The Loco Moco is a dish unique to Hawaiian cuisine. There are many variations, but the essential loco moco consists of white rice topped with a hamburger patty, a fried egg, and brown gravy. Jason finally got a Loco Moco at Joe's on the Green last week. After years of living here he decided it was time to try it. We don't eat a lot of hamburger at our house. In fact, the only time I buy it is when we are having friends over for a barbeque. Jason loves most other traditional hawaiian breakfast fare like portugese sausage with eggs and rice, musubis and malasadas, but the loco moco never did sound too appealing to him. He was able to get it all down, but decided he would be ordering something else next time. One bite was enough for me!
Cole's GT Math teacher invited him to be in the Robotics Club this year. He and his friend, Shane were the only 3rd graders in the club, the others were all in 4th and 5th grades. He and Shane have been spending the last hour of school on Fridays building a robot out of Legos. They got to show it off at the Robotics Expo at the mall on Saturday.
I love the smell of sawdust. I also love to watch Jason build. He is a builder...a good one too and I'm not biased. It is not often that I get to watch him work. It wouldn't look good to have me tagging along to all of his various jobs. Saturday night he built some wooden containers to store his tile saws in. Sadie, Aidan, and I set up a picnic right next to his little project. We ate carrots and grapes while we watched Daddy work to the smell of sawdust and the sound of the wood saw. It was great!
No comments:
Post a Comment