zhu zhu car

I haven't been very consistent with my blog. In fact, I noticed yesterday that I had only posted like seven times in 2010 and most of those posts are like a photo dump of previous family activities. Pretty sad. But I also got into the mood to blog yesterday. Maybe I'll do more this year? It's 10:30am and Sam is already napping....that never happens. But like me, he was restless during the night. Anyway, I'm still in the mood. So here goes....oh, this will probably be long and boring to anyone but me.
I haven't been very consistent with my blog. In fact, I noticed yesterday that I had only posted like seven times in 2010 and most of those posts are like a photo dump of previous family activities. Pretty sad. But I also got into the mood to blog yesterday. Maybe I'll do more this year? It's 10:30am and Sam is already napping....that never happens. But like me, he was restless during the night. Anyway, I'm still in the mood. So here goes....oh, this will probably be long and boring to anyone but me.
Last night was one of those un-routine nights. As in, we didn't eat dinner (actually it was more like breakfast) until about 7 when I finally whipped up some bubblies (our term for German pancakes) and put them in the oven to bubble. At the time, nobody seemed too anxious to eat. This was about the same time Jason walked in from work...tired and probably hungry for something more substantial then bubblies, but he didn't complain. After downing the bubblies in what seemed like seconds. I whipped up some MORE bubblies after we decided one pan just wasn't enough for 6 hungry bellies. By the time we finished eating it was probably 8:30ish and I asked the kids to clean up the kitchen. Sadie (the queen of excuses when she doesn't want to do something) said her belly really hurt from eating too many bubblies. As Cole complained about Sadie's lame excuses I did something I normally don't do. I let her off easy and asked her to put her clean laundry away and to get into bed. Cole was bugged, but I guess we both let it go. I got into bed next to Sadie and listened to her read until about 9:30. After kissing her goodnight, I wandered into the kitchen to find Aidan still busily finishing his work. Cole had already finished cleaning to his standards, had come in to give me a hug goodnight, and gone to bed. Jason was in Sammy's bed. Both were sleeping and Jason was snoring. But Aidan had stayed working in the kitchen much longer making sure every dish and pan was washed, dried, and put away, counters wiped clean, and he was even sweeping the floor. I told him not to worry about sweeping and to go to bed. "No, Mom, I'm almost done. I just have to sweep this one part." Oh, he is so sweet sometimes...he really likes to do nice things for others. Then he asked me to get in his bed with him for a minute. I do this with all the kids sometimes...just crawl in with them before they go to sleep. It's amazing how much I get to hear and learn about them during these cuddly moments in their beds. Aidan talked until I drifted off to sleep. Then he had to wake me up to ask me if I was going to stay in his bed because he was turning off the light. That happens sometimes too.
Aidan just turned nine last week. I can't believe it. I know I shouldn't be sad, but I am. How many more years am I going to get to cuddle with my Aidan? and how many more years will he be so excited to tell me about everything in his life? Aidan has such an excitement for life and everything in it. I hope he never loses that because it's something really special.
I love how Aidan called me last week from Wolf Mountain to tell me how much I would love being there and what an awesome place it was for snowboarding. "You should come here, Mom, you would love it!" I wish I would have recorded the phone call and the joy and excitement I heard in his voice.
I love how after seeing me sad and teary last week he made a cute sign for Jason and me and hung it on our lamp to find as a surprise.
I love how he walked (actually he took his ripstick) his friend, Garrett, home last night so he didn't have to go alone.
I love his creations. Aidan never stops creating. Just this week he made an elaborate zhu zhu pet house out of cardboard boxes, and cardboard scraps, popsicle sticks, yarn, pipe cleaners, duct tape, pom pom balls markers, and lots and lots of hot glue. Sadie and Sam love it! He also made a battery powered car for the zhu zhu pets. Then he made me a cute necklace with ribbon, pom pom balls, pipe cleaners and shells...it's fun to wonder what he will be making next.
I love how when he bears his testimony at church he elaborates and always has a story to share.
I love his curly hair, his dark eyes that twinkle, his long eye lashes, and of course, his dimples.
I love the appreciation he has for nature and for animals.
I love his sweetness and sensitivity.
I love that he can spend time alone for hours and be perfectly happy.
I love that he didn't ask for anything for Christmas, but was the most excited on Christmas.
I love how he can read for hours at a time.
I love his tight hugs and slobbery kisses.
I love my Aidan.
No comments:
Post a Comment