Monday, November 24, 2008

Enrichment Success!

I've had a new calling for a few weeks...2nd counselor in Relief Society. This is the first time in over a decade that I have had a relief society calling. It's different, but I am quickly learning to LOVE it. When I was called, I was a little...okay, a lot nervous to learn that I was responsible for enrichment and even more worried about an enrichment night that had been scheduled just two weeks away, but not planned. Well, we had the activity on Thursday evening, and it was a big success! No pics...I was so busy I forgot to get my camera out. We had a GREAT turnout, a wonderful dinner, and the sisters had a lot of fun with our favorite things exchange. I have had many positive comments...including several from husbands who said their wives came home in a good mood and had enjoyed the evening. I feel much more confident about future enrichment activities...and about my new calling. Yeah!

5 comments:

Becca and Kent said...

Great Job! It's always a good feeling when a calling that has overwhelmed you ends up being a success! I'm sure you'll plan some fabulous things for them!

Jessica said...

I think you will be great at that calling you are so fun to be around!

onnuh said...

I was thinking about you today. We had our Christmas enrichment tonight, and I had to make another centerpiece! Believe me, it was much better when you were around. We also had girls' night this week and decided we are scheduling one at your house :)

Kirsten said...

Anna told me about your blog at girls night the other night. We just had our Christmas enrichment like Anna said. Whew, I'm glad it's over! We'll have to exchange ideas :)

Jami said...

NEED DETAILS!!!! That is my calling as well and I am ALWAYS looking for new ideas!