
Sunday, October 12, 2008
A Beautiful Boy
Very early on the morning of September 18 I was lying in bed awake. We had all experienced a rather sleepless night and Aidan had even crawled in to bed with Jason and me for comfort. So when my phone rang around 5am I was awake and I knew something wasn't right. Everything has felt so different since that morning. I miss Christoph. I miss his happy noises and his sweet smile. Our lives will not be the same without him and my heart aches deeply for Dirk, Laura, Sophie, Heidi, and Andy. Seeing first hand the special bond they shared with Chris is not likely something I will be able to see again in this lifetime. I treasure the memories I have of them together with Chris. I feel blessed to have been given even a small glimpse of the sweet eternal rewards that await their family when they are reunited with such a beautiful boy. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I read Christoph's obituary, and he sounded like such a special boy. I hope you and your family is finding comfort right now.
It's a tough time, especially for my sister and brother in law, I hope they will get through this.
I found your website and tried to leave comments, but each time I submitted, it kicked me out. What am I doing wrong? I am so technically slow...it's sad!!
I read the beautiful obituary, too, and even though I didn't know him very well, I feel very sorry for the loss of such a sweet spirit. Your sister and her husband have always been such an inspiration to me! When I worked with Dirk at the Anniversary Inn I saw how special their family is. We are praying for them!
I am so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.
This is such a sweet photo of Christoph with the temple in the background. I have been thinking of you guys so much since I heard he had passed away. I'm sorry I missed you the morning (or night?) you stopped by with a gift for Finn while you were here. That is so like you to be thinking of others while you yourself are going through hard times.
Can you think of anything I could do to help Laura?
Love you so much. We miss you guys like crazy!
I am so sorry to hear about your nephew Chris. I know how hard it is to loose someone close to you and live so far away. I have been thinking about you a lot and miss you-
Post a Comment