Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Days

One of my favorite things about summer is NOT having to get the kids to school by 7:30am. I am enjoying my sleep while I can still get it. Most mornings I'm still in bed when the kids get up and they usually crawl in with me and we talk and cuddle and laugh....I love it.

I typically don't buy California peaches...I haven't had good luck with them. But as I walked through Costco a few days ago the aroma coming from the peaches in the produce section was just too heavenly to pass up. We bought California peaches and they are wonderful...not as amazing as Brigham City grown peaches...but close. We've eaten SO many peaches the last few days..we can't seem to get enough.

I've only taken the boys to the skatepark once this summer. They have been creative and made a few ramps on their own on our driveway providing many hours of entertainment and exercise.

Aidan and Cole made Sadie a dog house and out of one of our moving boxes. She wanted to sleep in it a few nights ago, but Aidan told her she would suffocate. I was glad she chose her bed instead.

Jason has been able to take the boys to work with him a few times this summer so they could earn a little money. One day they dug a trench for a pipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of your kids in bed is darling! It captures the moment so perfectly, which is so hard to do. Yes, I have to agree Brigham City peaches are the best! I can hardly wait for them this year. I think I might even do some peach jam with them.